Saturday, March 31, 2012

R.I.P Selena


Many of you know that today is the 17th anniversary of Selena Quintanilla's Death. if you don't know who she is(you'd be surprise a lot of people don't know who she is...sad I know) left me shed you some light she is one of the Top Latin singers of the 90's. She was born in Lake Jackson, Texas April 16, 1971


She was a very talented singer and songwriter. Sadly she was shot and killed On March 31st 1995 by Yolanda Saldívar her former Fan clubs president. Unfortunately the bullet punctured an artery and went into cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead at 1:05pm that day.


If there wasn't so much damage to her artery she would of still been alive, she would be 40 years old today.
when she was killed the reaction to her death was compared to the reactions people had when John Lennon & Elvis Presley died.

I was 8 years old when Selena died, I cried when I heard she was killed. her music influenced me back when I was a kid and to this day at 24 years old I have all her music jammed in my computer because that's what tejano music was in the 90's memories, love and happiness.

RIP Selena Quitanilla-Perez
April 16, 1971- March 31, 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment